Improved service 242 from 4th January 2022
Following consultation with residents and passengers, Staffordshire County Council have announced that the 242 service from Stourbridge to Kinver is being relaunched from 4th January 2022 with some improvements:
- an increase from seven to nine journeys each way on weekdays;
- an increase from five to nine journeys each way on a Saturday;
- a later last bus from Stourbridge to Kinver;
- amending the route to include both Wollaston Junction and Hyperion Road in Stourbridge;
- acceptance of West Midlands ‘Swift’ smart cards for onward journeys.
Also, after February half term, pupils entitled to free home-to-school transport to Kinver High School will use this service, while those not entitled to free travel will be able to pay and take the bus to the school gates.
Current operator Select Bus Services will continue to operate this service.